Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Day 7 - Friday, July 23rd

This morning there was a small earthquake. At first, I did not realize it was an earthquake. I just thought it was the person I was staying with was just making breakfast. Then when I realized it was an earthquake, I was too tired to take it seriously. Today I moved my suitcase by taxi to the school. This was quite an endeavor as my suitcase was exceptionally large. I Skyped with a friend during class and talked about Spruce Grove and Stony Plain Areas' history and historical sites to visit. After class I went out for lunch and had an interesting Japanese dish called Monjayaki at a restaurant where you cooked it on the grill. In the afternoon I went to visit more Japanese clubs. First, I participated in the Japanese Tea Ceremony. This was interesting as I was able to try making Japanese Green Tea. Next, I went to see the Japanese archery. They use costumes and longer bows and arrows. After supper we went swimming in the pool at the apartment. It is very shallow, only one meter deep and you must wear a swimming cap. Also, I went in the hot tub. They also have a Sauna, but I did not go in it as you must be naked to go in and there is one for males and one for females.


No comments:

Post a Comment