Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Day 8 - Saturday, July 24th

On Saturday I had a small bible study with a Japanese student and a missionary who translated a lot so I could understand. After this I walked to a train station and met my mom and a friend.  We went shopping in Harajuku street and I bought gifts and hair pieces at the 100-yen store.  Harajuku street is a street in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo that has the most modern young people fashions. Harajuku is lined with shops and the street goes for a few blocks and there is a variety of clothing stores there. Some shops sell anime costumes or style clothing and others traditional Yukatas (summer kimonos) My Mom bought a modern Yukata with pants and a top.  I bought two reversible bags to go with my Yukata and some traditional sandals. After shopping on Harajuku Street, I went to my parent’s hotel. We stopped at 7-11 for ice cream and to buy a bento box (a premade lunch). Then I went to their hotel room to visit with them. The hotel is exceptionally clean, but their room is small for two people. They have a fridge and a double sized bed and a small TV. Then my Dad took me back to the person's house I am staying at. I got ready for the summer festival that evening and I put on my Yukata. I got all dressed up in my new shoes and went to the summer festival. They had tickets you could buy, and we bought some. I used the ticket to buy a snow cone that was served in a bowl. After eating my snow cone, I went and danced around in a circle. It was like line dancing. After the dancing I saw a taiko drum performance. By the end of the night my feet were sore as the traditional Japanese shoes called “geta” are extremely uncomfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment