Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Day 2 - Sunday, July 18th

On Sunday, we lugged my suitcase around on a bike. It was hard work. As I brought a giant suitcase to Japan because I had to take so much stuff. I do not recommend taking a large bag to Japan as everything is so compact. We went shopping and the shopping centers are like the ones in North America just that there are so many of them with so many stores. I rode a Japanese bike. It is easier to ride than one in Canada as it is lighter and easier to use. In the evening, I went with my Japanese friend for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. I had steak and mashed potatoes for dinner.  This was a good change as I was feeling very hungry as Japanese food is not as filling and I felt a bit homesick. The Hard Rock Cafe was a nice little piece of home. Tonight, I will sleep on a futon. It is a mattress type blanket it is very comfortable to sleep on and folds up, so it saves space.

No comments:

Post a Comment