Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Day 3 - Monday, July 19th

Today I went to the Tokyo Edo Museum and had a guided tour. It was genuinely nice to learn about the Edo and Meiji periods. I met a Japanese student going to study at the U of A next year at the Edo Tokyo Museum. In the afternoon I went to St. Nicholas Cathedral Orthodox church. It was remarkably interesting to see a Russia Orthodox Church and learn more about what they believe. While in that area we went and saw a Confucian temple called Yushima Seto. It was exceedingly small and dirty. After this we went and saw Kanada Meojin. It was an Imperial temple built for the Emperor. It was very colorful compared to the Meiji shrine. It was built during the Edo period. It would be a good site to visit when in Tokyo as it is so colorful and full of history.  After doing all the sightseeing for the day I went to a district that sells electronics and bought some more film for my camera prices are quite comparable with Canada and the U.S.A. I went to the 7-11 store to withdraw money. It does not really like Canadian bank cards as I had difficulty withdrawing money with a MasterCard. Later, I had supper of noodles, and an egg fruit dish for dessert. In Japan they have washing machines in their houses, but they air dry their laundry as it is so hot and humid things dry quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment